Giving gifts to your favorite athlete, health-nut, or foodie doesn’t have to be stressful! Here’s a list of some of our favorite vendors here in Gainesville. Check out these amazing local, health focused gifts for the holidays!
- Saporito Oil, Vinegar, & Spice
- Saporito is Gainesville’s premier extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting room, and we adore this perfect family owned shop! Katrine & Keith, and their seven beautiful children are just a few reasons this shop is so unique, and special. At Saporito they offer over 60 flavors of fresh extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and authentic balsamic vinegar. They put together this amazing gift guide of their favorites this season, like their infused oil sampler: https://saporitoovs.com/saporito-gift-giving-ideas/
- Aha! Pure Foods
- Aha! Pure Foods is local, organic soup company and the perfect addition to a holiday gift basket. Their soups are packed with flavor, and made with all organic, nutrient dense ingredients. We swear by their healing properties! The soups can be found online at ahapurefoods.com or at Lucky’s and Ward’s Supermarkets. Carlee’s personal favorite is the Sweet Chi, a butternut bisque. YUM!
- Curia on the Drag
- When we’re not “Eating the 80”, these guys are one of our favorite lunch breaks. They serve a delicious, plant based menu, and have one of our all time favorite coffee & tea shops located at the front of their property. Carlee’s favorite is the chamomile tea with a shot of lavender, and Chris loves their iced cold brew. Just make sure you are ready for bolt of productiveness that comes from the caffeine! Get your favorite coffee lover, or health nut a gift card here: curiaonthedrag.com
- Fehrenbacher Sausage
- Adam & Fehrenbacher is the real deal guys! Fehrenbacher Sausage is a unique producer of quality meat products located in Gainesville, Florida. They take great pride in using all natural ingredients, with no preservatives or anything artificial. Adam learned the craft of sausage making at a young age, growing up on a family farm in the Midwest. We use their sausages in some of our breakfast meals, and any meat lover will be thrilled to receive them this holiday season. You can find Adam at the local farmer’s markets, and on his Facebook page: facebook.com/fehrenbachersartisansausages/. Adam will also be opening up a shop downtown next year so stay tuned!
- Eat the 80
- It wouldn’t be an Eat the 80 gift giving guide without a shameless plug ;) With our gift cards, you can buy the gift of health and convenience for your loved ones. If you have someone who is always busy, running around town like crazy, and never has enough time for themselves, this gift will sure to be a hit. Simply choose any increment you’d like to give, and Eat the 80 will send your special someone an email with their gift card number. Then all they have to do is redeem it to receive delicious, healthy meals: eatthe80.com/gift
- Wellspring Kombucha
- Sweet, bubbly kombucha is the way to any health junkie’s heart. This delicious drink is packed nutrients, detoxifiers, enzymes, and probiotics making it so good for your gut. Wellspring knows how to do kombucha right. You can find them at the local farmer’s markets, local grocery stores, and hopefully soon with your Eat the 80 meals! wellspringkombucha.com/product/
- Opus Coffee
- Opus Coffee is an amazing local coffee shop and micoroaster. For the coffee lover in your life, you can pick up a delicious bag of their small batch roasted beans. They have convenient coffee shops throughout Shands, and other areas of town. Or you can order an adorable mug, or gift card online here: opuscoffee.com/merchandise/gift-card. Our team loves serving up a hot cup of Bali Blue Moon in the morning!
- Sometimes it’s okay to indulge in the finer things in life, aka the 20%. And if you are a fan of good wine like we are, Dorn’s Liquor is the way to go. Not sure what bottle will go best with your holiday meal? Be sure to ask for Randy and he will drop some knowledge bombs on you, and get you all hooked up. If you are looking to splurge, anything from the Clos des Papes estate is seriously delicious. But they also have amazing wines for any budget! facebook.com/dornsliquors/
- Gainesville Running & Walking
- This place is one of my favorite stores in town. Mike, Betsy and the whole crew are so knowledgeable about athletic wear for walkers, runners and anyone in between. Conveniently located right off Archer Road, they always makes sure to take their time with your questions. They also have gifts for any budget such as the Feetures Elite Ultra Light socks for $14.95, a TriggerPoint GridVibe vibrating foam roller for $99.99, or even a Garmin Forerunner 35 or Vivoactive 3 Smart Watches for $199.99. Go ahead and give them a visit. We promise your feet will be in good hands! Runningandwalkingstore.com
- B3 Gym
- Our buddies at B3 Gym offer group fitness classes and one-on-one training, focusing primarily on full body functional fitness. Their Boot Camp and CrossFit style classes are appropriate for any and all fitness levels. Kick off the New Year with their On Ramp program that creates healthy habits through exercise and nutritional guidance. They really are there to help you every step of the way. Check them out at https://b3gym.com/getting-started/
- Girls Place
- At Girls Place, they empower girls to grow courageous, strong and self sufficient. And let me tell you they are SO much more than just an afterschool program. They inspire their girls to celebrate themselves—their minds, their hearts, and their physical well being. So how is this related to athletics you ask? You can choose to donate to the GIrls Place Athletic Programs that include volleyball, softball, basketball and track. Make a donation on behalf of your favorite athlete, and let them know how they just made an impact on these incredible young women in our community: girlsplace.net
- Flo Capone is a licensed massage therapist who happens to also be a registered nurse too! Her goal is to help her clients experience more enjoyment in their lives by attaining pain relief, relaxation, and functional flexibility. She is incredibly talented, and offers 30 minute, 60 minute, and 90 minute massages. For pricing, gift cards, and schedule, please contact her at (727) 470-0067.
- Dr. Yan’s practice is located on the North West side of town right on the corner of 43rd and 39th avenue. If you are looking for stress relief, look no further. They provide high quality alternative therapies through authentic Traditional Chinese Medicine, which encompasses practices like acupuncture, herbs, cupping, massage, moxibustion, dietary therapy and more. To schedule some relaxation for your loved one, visit yanacupunctureherbs.com.
- These soaps are the bomb.com. Who knew somebody could make soap so exciting? But Finchberry does just that with their handcrafted soaps that come right from their studio just outside of Gainesville. Each soap bar contains natural, food grade ingredients and are vegan-friendly and gluten-free. And the best part is that all the bars have a uniquely, gorgeous appearance. Check them out at finchberry.com.
- Intention setting is more than making New Years resolutions you forget about by January 31st! It is a practice you should do regularly and often and is the launching pad for your dreams. Join Cacaoga® guide Kristen Crisp RYT200 on a blissful journey of restorative, mindful yoga postures along with the warm flow of a nourishing cup of cacao to help bring your most exciting intentions to the forefront. It’s the perfect holiday gift to start the new year off right! Register for yourself and a friend here: Cacoaga Event